af tune 28 mm f2.8 ais

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Serge 07
Regular MemberPosts: 196Gear list
Like?
Re: af tune 28 mm f2.8 ais
In reply to Cineast, 5 months ago

Cineast wrote:

I know, that this is not the right thread for this kind of discussion. But I have to disagree. In my opinion the 28 2.8 ai-s is a very good landscape lens. Stopped down it is razor sharp all across the frame from near to far. And I can´t confirm any "weakness at infinity" that many people complain about. Being small and light it is just perfect for hiking if you want excellent IQ.
Regards!

I agree. There must be sample variations of the 28/2.8 AI-s. I own the new SIC version and I find it to be sharp whether it be for close or distant objects. I also own the 28mm f/2.0 and I can't say the f/2.0 trounces the f/2.8 for landscape type photos. Where the f/2.0 shines is in the department of flare resistance where it excels plus it is a stop faster.

I am on the second copy of the f/2.0. The first was a pristine AI version and its performance was sub-par compared to the f/2.8. Again, sample variation may have been the culprit.

Regards

Serge 07's gear list:Serge 07's gear list
Nikon D40 Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow