Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John KM/linhof
Regular MemberPosts: 125Gear list
Like?
travel kit
5 months ago

I will be spending 10 days traveling in southern England and Wales this September. I have a bright orange pseudo photographic backpack for supplies and photo gear. I was thinking about getting a Fuji XT-1 outfit but decided to stay with what I have. It all fits nicely in the backpack leaving room for incidentals. Two cameras, a Sony A100 and A850. Four lenses: 35-70 f:4 on A100 and the 24-50 f:4 on the A850. Two other lenses will be shared: 50 f:1.7 and 100-200 f:4.5. For times when large cameras are not wanted I will take a very old Minolta X1.

I have visited the UK many times since leaving in 1968. In the past I have used all kinds of photographic equipment from a 4x5 Technika, a Linhof 220 hand camera, and a various Minolta film  equipment plus early digital such as the Minolta xt.

Looking at those old 4x5 transparencies is still magical, even when compared with digital images on my Apple 15 inch Macbook Pro with retina display. The 4x5 outfit is too heavy to take at my age! When my kids were younger they would help me carry all the 4x5 stuff on our family vacations and put up with Daddy taking half an hour setting up for a single shot. How times have changed.

-- hide signature --

Linhofbiker

John KM/linhof's gear list:John KM/linhof's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE X1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow