Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KathP
Contributing MemberPosts: 770Gear list
Like?
Panasonic G6 my feelings
5 months ago

First of all I love my G6 but there are times when it frustrates me, I can be out on a photo shoot and when it gets it right (focus) it is an amazing camera but there are times when I feel like throwing it away, I have been using my camera for 7 months now.

It can hunt to get focus at times, no matter what setting I try to use it will not focus on the subject I want, even when I try and use the touch focus on the subject. I mainly use aperture but have gone back to the semi automatic P mode, it just makes me mad sometimes when it wants to get focus in the background and not in the foreground, maybe I am doing something wrong. I can change to my Nikon D5100 and it will get focus every time.

these are my current settings

1 area AF for close ups and 23 area for all other

Peaking on

Electronic shutter off

Metering modes I change for the scene, with spot metering for close ups

Focus mode is the one that I am not sure where to leave it, currently on AFF

Shutter AF on

Quick AF on

Pinpoint AF short?

Direct focus on

AF+MF on

So if anybody has any better settings they are using I would love to hear from you, don't worry I am not going to ditch my G6 as I love using it and it is so light to carry around, here are a couple of shots to show you when it gets focus it is a great camera and the reason I love it sometimes. So look forward to your comments.

-- hide signature --

Kathy
My Albums
http://picasaweb.google.com/purrling
My cameras: Panasonic Lumix G6, Nikon D5100/Panasonic TZ40

KathP's gear list:KathP's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Nikon D5100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-50mm F3.8-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Nikon D5100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 (Lumix DMC-TZ40)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow