Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LeeStG
Regular MemberPosts: 276
Like?
Need help with Sony nex 6
5 months ago

Upgraded my Sony nex 3nl body for the Nex 6.  Same kit lens.  Perhaps the lens is the issue but I am not sure.

Bottom line is the sharpness and focus is very hit and miss for me on this.  Same as with the 3nl.  I am within a 30 day window to return this.  I am loathe to do this as it was a great price.  If I must get another, better lens, what are my options and will this help out a lot with the sharpness/focus issues?  Yes, I pixel peep.  Uncool but I'm paying and if I want to peep I shouldn't have to be surprised or very disappointed.  I have no issue with all the various menu options, manual control options and raw capture.  I wanted these things.  However this camera makes me feel like if I don't master every function and option, it's my fault the images aren't always as sharp as I'd like them to be.

This surprises me as when it's good, it's fantastic. I just really haven't gotten the rhyme or reason behind it feeling like a hit or miss situation.

Ideally if I go for another lens vs the kit lens, I'd like it to be compact.  Otherwise it's somewhat defeating the purpose of taking this for a walk around cam vs my normal dslr and L glass (Canon)

Help me not have to return this camera esp if it's me and not the camera itself.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow