Video review of the 645Z complete with review of it's video performance!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
MartinsB
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
Re: Video review of the 645Z complete with review of it's video performance!
In reply to Meuh, 5 months ago

Meuh wrote:

While the 645z has a larger sensor than a 35mm ff camera a lot of that is in hight 4:3 vs 3:2.

In video both sensors crop down to 16:9 so you lose much more of the 645z sensor, add this to what I read that pentax also crop around 10% either side of the sensor and you end up with a video recording size on the 645z sensor very similar to that of a ff 35mm slr.

So by the looks of things for video at-least, your not really gaining a larger recording surface over a sony a7 and when you consider that the 645z lens line up is rather limited and the fastest primes are f2.8 you also don't have as much creative opens.

For still's sure I would love one and if I had one I would probably do some video on it but for video your much better grabbing a a7s and some lens imho.

I agree, just take note that most of the photo cameras, except for a few like the 5D, have "cropped" video mode. So, the question is how 645Z video compares to such rivals in terms of size?

MartinsB's gear list:MartinsB's gear list
Pentax K10D Olympus PEN E-PM1 Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow