ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
9ck
9ck
Contributing MemberPosts: 539Gear list
Like?
Don't want to break a leg...?
5 months ago

I'm taking my carbon fiber tripod on a plane travel. I only bring my back-pack with camera gear and a softish sport-bag (not the usual hard top suitcase) where I plan to put my tripod. Don't wan't to / not sure it's allowed to take the tripod as carry on luggage. This made me want some kind of protection for the legs on the tripod breaking as I imagine a heavy suitcase can trash my tripod in the handling of flight luggage. Most bags for tripods are soft (still no protection) and very expensive (aprox 100 euro and up) so if you wan't any protection I guess you'll have to get a box of some sort (didn't even want to go there).

My solution is at 5 euro pipe (pvc sewage-pipe) cut in the right length. My tripod fits neatly into it and the legs are well protected (the pipe takes the load of a man). I'll of course part the legs and head in the transport.

Hope you find my advice useful.

-- hide signature --

Regards 9ck

9ck's gear list:9ck's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow