Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,342Gear list
Like?
Sigma DP post processing questions
3 months ago

I have been using a Ricoh Gr for a while now and like to use on and off camera flash using the leaf shutter.  And think I could add the sigma focal lengths to this.  Here are some public test shots with the Ricoh:http://www.scottzinda.com/Ricoh-GR-Photos/Ricoh-GR-28mm/

I am considering buying the DP2 and 3 Merrill or Quattro for all types of shots including high shutter flash, but I am concerned about post processing times.  I have read about the DPs and I am not worried about write speeds or any camera functionality, but I tend to take a lot of photos and I dont want to spend a month processing one shoot.  With Lightroom I can process several hundred photos in a few hours.

I am curious how fast the sigma software is to preview your work and sort through to the keepers if say you have 40 photos.  Can I sync settings or apply settings from photo to another?  And can the quattro images be opened in ACR or Lightroom? Or will they be able to soon?

I am fine with slowing down my photo work on a shoot for quality, but I am concerned about needing to slow way down at home with a Sigma DP SD card in my computer.

I appreciate your thoughts.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow