DXO Optics Pro and E-M1

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Muzfox
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
Re: DXO Optics Pro and E-M1
In reply to Corpy2, 5 months ago

I've only just added DXO to my workflow, my main reason was good things I've seen written about PRIME.

I must say, the results from prime are outstanding, the noise reduction and detail recovery, especially at high ISO's is phenomenal.

My current workflow is to import from my SD card into Lightroom as RAW (used to be DNG but doesn't work for DXO). I then sort my images, flag tag bin etc. From there I export straight over to DXO and let it apply the standard corrections. I then PRIME everything I just love the result.

After that, I export everything back to Lightroom as DNG and will tweak from there. Lightroom does much better with highlight/shadow recovery etc, I don't like the DXO results. Images that I want to go insane with may go onto Photoshop from there for even more work.

Basically, I'm using DXO for lens corrections and noise reduction, it does a brilliant job for that, much much better than anything I've ever been able to get in lightroom, and frankly, much better than any noise reduction I've used in Photoshop as well (Topaz, NIK etc). Lightroom is a lot faster and better for everything else imho.

Just to do something different, this image below was processed entirely in DXO, opening the RAW direct in the program and exporting to a final JPG. I had to pull the shadows up a lot and drop the highlights down as welll due to the huge dynamic range in this shot. I can't see a spec of noise, a much better result than anything I could have gotten in lightroom.

OMD-Em5 and the panasonic 20mm lens.

Breakfast on Sunday

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow