panasonic gx7 or olympus e-m10 for a 1,000 budget?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Yeyo
Forum MemberPosts: 91
Like?
Re: panasonic gx7 or olympus e-m10 for a 1,000 budget?
In reply to Robert Snow, 4 months ago

Yeyo wrote:

Hey people which one do you recommend between panasonic gx7 and olympus e-m10 for a 1,000 budget?

I recently bought a GX7, and it is a great little camera.  I do have a couple of gripes, and if I could have played with both cameras before buying, I would probably have gone with the em10.

Why?  Number 1:  I have lost most of the sight in my right eye, so I have to use a viewfinder using the left eye.  With the GX7's left side EVF, my nose touches the LCD and constantly changes the focus point.  Why not turn the EVF upward far enough to not do this?  I do when I can, but if you mount a flash on the camera, then Number 2:  I have not found a flash that can be mounted and still get upward movement of the EVF.  DARN!

Unfortunately, I mostly use this camera for family and friends photography, and if you can use the LCD, all is well.  If not, you are outta luck.

I know from owning a Panny G and GH series that my nose doesn't touch when the viewfinder is in a central position.

Of course, this seems like nitpicking, but for me it has been a mess.  I love the camera, but from all I read, I would probably like the EM10 too.  I am going to list my GX7 for sale shortly, and wait to see what Photokina brings.

Just my experience...

bob snow

Thanks for your experience!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow