Nikon D810 initial thoughts

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
TerryAnderson
Regular MemberPosts: 257Gear list
Like?
Have we really got enough information to make any true judgement on this DSLR?
In reply to mrjpack, 2 months ago

mrjpack,

To be honest all of the images I have seen posted here of the D810 have not been under good conditions. There were some nice picks taken in Australia by a photographer using a 300 2.8 vrII shot at 6400 to 12,800 ISO and a 1.4 and 2.0 TC. They looked good but was high ISO just the same. Then these and neither were using Adobe's RAW converter for the D810.

To me there is not enough info here to make a real point for the IQ improving one way or another. To be honest I haven't seen a video yet that compares the D800/D800e vs the D810 and the D810 being a lot sharper. Most have posted it is or might be but by a little bit.

My thought is if the AF is a good deal better, the shutter is quieter and reduces the amount of vibration for the earlier models, and so far all reports coming it they are improved. Then if there is solid improvement in higher ISO and then add the lower ISO choice. With the brighter view finder, the better live view zoom, the extra FPS. Then IMO this is a solid update that will make a very good DSLR even better.

I can't wait to get mine tomorrow from B&H, glad I had it set up with over night delivery. Then I will put it through several test this weekend. Maybe the White Mountains in NH or even the Green Mountains in Vermont.

-- hide signature --

All the best and keep on shooting
Terry Anderson
Boston West Photography

TerryAnderson's gear list:TerryAnderson's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D90 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow