Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Crawley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,112
Like?
From Russia with love (for my XE2)
4 months ago

Just returned from a wonderful trip to Moscow and Saint Petersburg and carried along my new Fuji XE2...it replaced my XPro 1 on this trip...I had asked for opinions on which camera to take and the Fuji won out over the Leica V-Lux 4. Good advice for sensor size and results, but i did so miss the Leica's low light quality and long, long lens.  that being said, i fell head over heels in love with the XE2.

Here's why:

St, Issac's domed ceiling.  Very, very dark inside.

More from the cathedral.

Another ceiling. DOF issues when focusing straight up, but the 18-55 handled it well.  I never changed lenses the entire trip.

Peter the Great's summer place. This is where i wish I had the longer Leica lens.

Catherine's favorite dinnerware from about ten meters away. Again the 18-55 was crisp and true. Fairly dark room.  No flashes ever used on the entire trip.

Moscow subway

Photographing art without a tripod and without a flash is a real challenge.  But the XE2 did the job.

Proof is in the details.

Low light. Lovely art.

More proof that the Fuji EX2 and the 18-55 are great vacation companions.

One problem with shooting in the museums of Russia in summer is that they have the windows open and curtains drawn wide.  Their art work sits behind regular glass ...not museum quality non-glare glass.  It makes shooting the paintings most difficult.  I am told the better time to go for photography is in late fall when the sun is not as harsh into the rooms on the surface of the paintings.

-- hide signature --

John Crawley
“Let there be light.” It all began right there.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wordsandsuch/show/
There are three kinds of people: those that are good at math and those that are not.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-E2 Leica V-Lux 4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow