Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 343Gear list
Like?
Anyone else tempted by the Sony A7?
2 months ago

So I've had my Fujifilm X-T1 since the week it was released and have really enjoyed using it. It feels great in my hand, it performs magnificently, and the lenses for it are just perfect!

However, I've been seriously tempted into selling it and getting the Sony A7. Why? Because the Sony A7 provides more resolution when I crop and it also has a little bit better dynamic range for my landscape shots. On top of that, I feel the focus peaking (Yellow) is the best of any Mirrorless that I have seen! I really wish Fuji would implement that Yellow color as I find all 3 of the red, white, and blue colors to just not stand out enough to make it useful.

Of course, the big downside to the Sony A7 are the lenses. There's only a handful right now and they are bigger, heavier, and slower than the Fuji's X system lenses. I also much prefer Fuji's future lens roadmap than Sony's.

I'm just wondering if anyone else had thought of getting a Sony A7, or better yet, if anyone here has both and could make a comparison? All thoughts and opinions are appreciated, thank you!

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow