ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eric Lawton
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
Sony A7/A7R Advice Please
3 months ago

Hello,

I have just acquired the cash to buy the Sony A7 or A7R, and I need some advice from the wonderful folks on this forum.  I am a wedding photographer and have always used Canon DSLR's with Canon L lenses.

I want to start getting into the mirror-less world, and I am pretty sure I want to go the Sony route being that you get a lot for your money.  Even though I shoot weddings for a living, I have a sincere love for landscape photography, and when I heard the Sony A7R had 36 megapixels it definitely peaked my interest!

So....with all of that being said, I am ready to buy, and the only thing that is stopping me is lack of knowledge.  I would like to know a few things before I buy and they are listed below:

#1 Which really is the superior camera for a landscape/wedding photog? A7 or A7R?

#2 I have thousands of dollars in Canon L lenses and want to know of a good adapter that will allow me to use all of my lenses with good functionality, auto focus, and all electronics, including IS fully working. If there is one for a great price, please post a link to buy on B&H or something. Thanks!!!

#3 And lastly, are these cameras even worth buying if I am going to be using my canon lenses? I really dont want to have to buy a ton of Zeiss glass and spend thousands more.

Thank you SO much in advance for the advice!!!

Eric

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow