Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MichaelVadon
Contributing MemberPosts: 657
Like?
The Secret to Professional Photography is NOT the equipment
3 months ago

I believe the secret to professional photography is marketing, business skills and being "Mr or Ms. Popular".  It doesnt matter what camera you use.  In fact, you can use an Iphone if thats what works for you.  In that regard, the secret to any profession is how you market yourself.  It really doesnt matter what equipment you use so long as you can sell what you produce.  I know of people who have sold some bad photos, but they didnt sell the photos...they sold themselves.

So, that said, I am not at all as pleased with the results from my APS-C EOS M as I am with my Canon 5D Mark III.  I have not used the 4/3, but since its a smaller sensor then the APS-C, I probably wouldnt be satisfied with it either.  I feel like my Canon 5D Mark III, which will soon be outdated within the next several months as the newer model comes out, works very well in low light and getting the shots.  Thats my personal preference.

However, as stated above, it doesnt matter what you do or what you use.  The only thing that matters is what can be sold when it comes to the professional world.  If there was a love for blurry photos of Paris or super oversaturated photos or photos of smeared paint on a wall...Im sure there would someone here trying to sell and market it.

The point of a "professional" is to sell sell sell...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow