Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 2,716Gear list
Like?
Re: what point and shoot r u using
In reply to PHXAZCRAIG, Jul 16, 2014

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

Kaj E wrote:

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

I have three Canon point-n-shoots, primarily because Canon makes (or OEMs) affordable dive housings for many of their point-n-shoots. (Typically you can get a full underwater package - new - for about $400 or so, including both camera and housing). Good to 130 foot depth.

I also have long thought Canon made better point-n-shoots than Nikon, but a point-n-shoot is a point-n-shoot for the most part, and it's the dive housing capability that pushes me into the Canon camp. Would prefer shooting something like a Nikon 1 underwater (deal with NEF files the same as my DSLR's for one thing, instead of CRW files), but no decent housings out there I've found.

Nikon1 AW1?

Not even close for scuba depths.

-- hide signature --

Craig
www.cjcphoto.net

I agree; not even for serious free diving. I have easily reached the maximum depth of the 1 AW 1 while free diving, and I am not an athlete. (If I recall correctly, the AW 1's maximum depth is 15 meters?) I have considered the 1AW 1 to use in extreme conditions, which would include shallow water diving, but if I resume serious free or SCUBA diving, would need to shop for a serious housing.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and make evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, and PJ. I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LX7New
RX1RNew
FujiNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow