Does anyone have the Eye-Fi Pro X2 card working in the E-M1?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lawrence Keeney
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,231Gear list
Like?
Does anyone have the Eye-Fi Pro X2 card working in the E-M1?
5 months ago

I have spent many days trying to get my Eye-Fi Pro X2 card to send images to my Windows 8 laptop without any success.

I would even consider paying someone if they could walk me through the process of getting this to work. I will be happy to discuss the details if anyone is interested.

I have contacted Eye-Fi service, but this is a very lengthy procedure as I give them information and it takes a day or two to get an answer, then when this does not solve the problem, I do the same thing over and over again.

You may see an older post in this forum where I was trying to get this card to work with my iPad. I finally got that to work, but it just wasn't reliable. The iPad would display 5 or 6 images then it would just stop transferring images. This  isn't what I want when I have a paying client in the studio. I want reliable and consistent image transfer. I prefer transferring images to my laptop because I have a large monitor connected to the laptop for displaying the images.

I have been using this setup for years now with my E-5 without any problems. I am close to the point of dumping all my Olympus gear because of the lack of USB transfer of images with the E-M1, like they have on the E-5.

-- hide signature --
 Lawrence Keeney's gear list:Lawrence Keeney's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III +1 more
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yea!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow