Is this the year Pentax makes or breaks your FF dream?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Phixer323
Contributing MemberPosts: 659Gear list
Like?
Re: Is this the year Pentax makes or breaks your FF dream?
In reply to Gary Martin, 2 months ago

I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't know how deep Ricoh's pockets are, but I question the economic feasibility of developing a FF camera to compete with Canikon. The last figure I saw is that only 5% of cameras sold are FF. I'm making a large leap here, but I bet I would get pretty good odds in Vegas that the majority of that number are professionals. If you want to compete with Canikon in the professional arena, then an infrastructure would also have to be built to support the Pro. Example: At the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Canon has a large presence and they clean, free of charge, and inspect the Pro's Canon cameras. Now, I'm only speaking for me, but I would like to see them develop more lenses to support those of us that shoot sports. I would love to see a 24-70 f2.8 and a 70-200 f2.8 with high speed focusing motors. I use Sigma lenses to cover this now and I also have the 100-300 f4, which is usable however, just a little slow for focusing on high speed sports. If they could develop a FF with the lenses and support for the pros, it would be good thing, but I see that as a hard market to crack. Just my thoughts, no arguments!

Phixer323's gear list:Phixer323's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow