Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
AHM
AHM
Regular MemberPosts: 348Gear list
Like?
Re: To A6000 owners
In reply to mosava, 3 months ago

mosava wrote:

What is your opinion about the green and yellow auto modes?

I never used them, but then, I saw my wife's pictures, and they were bad! Soft and out of focus, not ONE good picture with i or i+! In a scene with people and trees about 5 meters behind, always missing the people, even with AF lock on...

In P mode, and the others, no problem.

For me, the auto modes are absolutely useless!

I do not mind, as I always use manual focus lenses with S and auto ISO, but the question is: do I have a bad camera, or do you have the same problem and are waiting for some software upgrade?

-- hide signature --

Just passing by...

Sorry, I think it has more to do with your wife than iAuto! When I give the camera to my wife, I tell her to alway put it in iAuto, and she gets some very good shots.

I think there is some arrogance among more 'professional' photographers about the iAuto modes. But actually, I think they work better than the P-mode. I realized that when I got the 35mm F1.8 lens. In P-mode (and S-mode) the camera essentially refuses to use an aperture larger than F4.0. But in iAuto it uses apertures up to F1.8 in an intelligent way -- the way P-mode should do, but does not. So, iAuto is perhaps a better P-mode -- except of course you cannot control much.

AHM's gear list:AHM's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Samyang 12mm 1:2.0 NCS CS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow