Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SDPharm
Regular MemberPosts: 181Gear list
Like?
Re: Half press AF
In reply to gugarci, 2 months ago

gugarci wrote:

alcelc wrote:

May be they still love the experience from Canon and have slight difficulty in adoption of using the lighter and smaller M43s.

I have no doubt that's also part of my issue. I can hold a large heavy body steadier compared to these smaller bodies. That's why when i bought the GX7 I was tempted by the GH3 & GH4. Anyway I have not seen these issue again and I've been taking randon test images everyday with the VR on at high shutter speed. When I used high shutter speeds with the VR on after I half press the shutter I hold for it for a second or 2 before I fire. Like that article i linked earlier mentions I'm trying to stabilize the stabilization.

gugarci, did you set the camera to focus priority shooting or shutter priority?  If it's the latter, then the camera might have taken the shot before it fully focused.  Even with focus priority, you may still want to half press until the green focus lock dot comes on before shooting.  The 20 mm lens is a notoriously slow lens, I think it's possible that the camera triggered before the image is fully in focus.

SDPharm's gear list:SDPharm's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow