To A6000 owners

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,585Gear list
Like?
Re: To A6000 owners
In reply to mosava, 2 months ago

One of the things I despise most about Sony's full auto modes is that there's no control over focus area - which is the most crucial thing I need control over with any camera - even if I accept a tiny all-auto P&S pocket camera, I want to be able to change focus area.  Sony auto modes have always blocked those out, so even on all my P&S cameras and all the way up to my DSLRs and mirrorless, I've never used any of the auto modes.

That said, when I sold my RX10 to my stepfather to replace the NEX3, he's not super-knowledgeable about camera settings so I told him to try out iAuto mode just to see if it would help him - he had been using P on the NEX3 at my recommendation but never made any of the changes to anything and his results were mixed.  On his last trip to Central America and California, he got the best set of photos he's ever come back with.  So I guess for some people, depending on what they shoot, these modes can be good (he shoots mostly scenic and landscape, plus photos of friends and family, both indoor and outdoor...the auto modes did well in determining when he was indoor and controlling ISO and flash well for his portraits and closeups, leveling backlighting, and still delivering full res and good DOF for landscapes).

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow