What sort of shutter count level are A7R owners at?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
davidevans1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,072
Like?
Re: What sort of shutter count level are A7R owners at?
In reply to LeicaBOSS, 2 months ago

LeicaBOSS wrote:

Don't count on it. If this comes from a fanboyism place, then fine. We can maintain the illusion for you. Otherwise, let us not pretend Nikon hasn't had its share of horrifying service/engineering issues and shutter replacements at the shop right now.

P.S. Every time someone mentions 'shutter shake' as a design or reliability problem, an angel dies... along with a little piece of my faith in humanity.

I agree, every manufacturer seems to have problems with particular parts or functions and some manufacturers stay in denial of the problem for way too long! Digital cameras are comparatively new technology and subject to relentless progress and advances. The consumer ends up being the real tester and pays for the privilege (in much the same way as buyers of branded clothing are paying for the privilege of marketing the brand!)With the A7R the one thing that caught my eye in the tests was the reports of the loud shutter, hence my question on shutter count. Do Sony give a shutter lifespan estimate like Nikon does on their pro cameras (250,000 activations in Nikons case I think)?

-- hide signature --

David

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow