Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mdb1986
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
Are Fuji's Strengths Unique?
1 month ago

I really do like my X-E1. The pictures below are out of camera, no PP. I'm wondering though if other systems - say the Nikon D7100 or 70D, or Nex 6, or A7r for example - could produce something similar.

The more pictures I take, it seems like the thing that matters most is what I'm taking a picture of and balance of the colors - and not the camera or even the lens all that much. Certainly the lens more than the camera of course. Not saying these don't matter - but not even a $10,000 system isn't going to make an ugly picture (however you choose to define it) look very good.

Does Fuji do something that can't be reproduced on another system, or does it just make it easier?

I'll go ahead and admit prior that I'm an idiot who knows nothing about photography. Partly because now I'll have said it first, and largely because it's true

mdb1986's gear list:mdb1986's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
Canon EOS 70D Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D7100 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow