Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
steveashe
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
Going to Greece for 2 weeks in September
1 week ago

I moved this to more appropriate Forum.  Travel and Landscape.

on Rick Steve's tour. I've never been there before. And probably - well maybe - won't be there again. I decided last year that life is too short, I have not traveled much outside of USA, no better time to travel than now. Did my first Europe trip last year and realized the USA is not the center of the world. I'm in my late 50's (very late) - just a little context.

Taking my OM-D EM-1, along with new Tamron 14-150 (28-300 in 35mm format) and Leica X Vario (28-70 mm in 35 mm format) APS C camera. The Tamron is a really light, really nice travel zoom. A pack light tour, my bags to be a backpack and a small travel suitcase, lots of walking. I'll be visiting Athens for a few days, Peloponnese, Mani Peninsula, Nafplio, Delphi, Monemvasia and Olympia walking around with tour group of maybe 20 folks. I'm sure to take my Oly 17mm 1.8 as well. Unless I can find a really good reason, I'm going to leave the Oly 12-40 home too heavy and think I'll be covered with the Tamron and the Leica. I'll back up to hard drive at night. Last year for the Europe RS tour I took a monopod and didn't use it. Museums didn't allow, and in general not exactly conducive to group tour :-).

Thoughts? I think I'm good but up for any advice. Thanks!

steveashe's gear list:steveashe's gear list
Leica X Vario Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Tamron 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III +1 more
Leica X Vario
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow