Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mentos77
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
RX100 ii Vs iii for video quality only
3 months ago

I have searched the forum and elsewhere online for a specific opinion, but I cannot find it...

I would like to hear from rx100 ii users who have compared the video quality with the rx100 iii. All I have seen online are the (impressive) specs and reviews which praise the video quality. I have not heard someone say "the video is this much better" or "it is certainly/not really worth upgrading based on video".

It would cost me around $350 to upgrade. For those that have used both for video, is it worth it if video is the only factor?

I was going to wait for the LX8 but I can't hold off any longer (travel commitments). One more thing for m3 users... I'm pretty sure I read that it does these but can you confirm if it records video on full settings at 30p and does manual focus assist now work in video mode? These and the ND filter are the only things which are a deciding factor besides video quality.

Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow