Thinking about switching back to an RX1…

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
m1k3e
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Thinking about switching back to an RX1…
3 months ago

Hi guys, I'm new around here Just looking for some friendly advice.  I used to have an RX1r that I bought used off eBay used for ~$1,900, but I wound up selling it because it had some issues (weird grinding sound when turning focus ring).  I absolutely loved using it, the IQ really blew me away.  Anyhow, I wound up picking up a used Fuji X100S and, while I like using the camera, I'm really missing the RX1r.  Compared to the RX1r, the X100S feels bulky and slow.  I guess my question is, do you guys think it's a good idea to go for another RX1r (I've seen new ones listed on eBay for as low as $2k now, gray market?) or wait and see what Photokina brings? I'm just worried that the RX1 successor will be quite expensive.  I'm also frustrated that Sony never updated the RX1 firmware to enable things like focus peaking without zooming à la RX100.  Anyways, what do you guys think?  Thanks in advance!

m1k3e's gear list:m1k3e's gear list
Sony RX1R Nikon D800
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow