New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Nikon D610 using Nikkor 35-135mm f/3.5-4.5 AF
2 months ago

Review after the pics. All three shot on a Nikon D610 manual mode

First Shot With A Crossing Filter Through A Window  D610

UV Filter  D610

UV Filter D610

To give u an idea I will give u my lens buying spree these last couple of months as I am supposed to be doing a friends wedding in October. I purchased a Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8 whith which I was thoroughly impressed. But not enough range. Even with the lens haze still quite sharp. Will have it serviced with Nikon, I fell in love with the performance. I did pick up a couple of 70-210 zooms the f/4 as well as the  f/3.5-4.5. Is your head spinning yet..lol   But alas I knew I didn't want to walk around with the gigantic 70-210 f/4 and the 35-70mm 2.8. So the hunt began for the sweet spot in the middle.

i have been researching the 28-105mm and the 35-105mm in doing so I read where there was a 35-135mm non D. After reading the specs of the 28-105 and the 35-105 on that reviewers site that a lot of people like to comment on. I was leaning towards the 35-105 because all the elements were glass with 7 straight blades and all the lenses were said to me multicoated. So looking at what specs I could find on the 35-135 I did see it had 7 blades. So a little logic thinking it must have the same all glass construction as the 35-105. So I pulled the trigger and bought it. I got it from a local guy original owner. My version isn't the push pull, also I paid a few more bucks I would have paid had I purchased it on eBay.

So what everyone is waiting for..................THIS LENS IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those who say it's not good on digital phhhhhhhhbbbbbtttttt! I shot it on my D610 it kicked but and it's not too heavy. Of course though I love to shoot manual. I have read since it isn't a D lens there might be metering issues with the flash. For 100.00 go for it. I lucked up and found the non push pull. I would have bought the push pull. If you have any hesitations sitting on the fence  and if close up and the wider focal at the low end isn't an issue go for it. As for me I'm not too worried about wide, as I do have the Tokina 16-26 f/2.8. I read where this guy used it on a D800 and was impressed. After reading that I went for it. Hope this helps your decision and you don't have to break the bank for lenses if you have an FX Nikon. I will dare say 99.99% of the time this lens will be on my camera. It will also be safe to say that the two lenses you can bet will be with me all the time is the 35-70 f/2.8 for those extreme low light situations and this lovely 35-135 gem. Oh wait one more thing, focus was quick and spot on. At least in broad daylight. Thanks for reading my review and hope this helps

LloydP's score
Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow