Started 8 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cnwphotocom
Regular MemberPosts: 138
Like?
LumiQuest SoftBox III
8 months ago

After a few years of using the LumiQuest SoftBox III, I can safely say that I know it inside and out and love the results it provides. It's super simple to use and is a go to for quick outdoor portraits since it fits in my backpack regardless of how much gear I bring.

I typically set it up with a TTL cord and hold the flash off to the side. It's not a HUGE soft box so it's not going to provide any soft light from a distance (like any other smaller sized soft box), but it will produce much softer light for a single or couple portrait at a close range.

I give this 5/5 because it does exactly what it's supposed to do without taking up too much space in my pack. Like most flash modifiers it's specific to certain purposes so don't expect it to provide the same effect as a 30x40" box.

One of my favorite shots that I've captured with this is below and was featured in Pop Photo Magazine! I used the soft box as close as possible and put another LumiQuest product, the FXtra, on my flash in the back to create the blue glow.

Athlete Matt Luczkow back flipping after running up the wall.

-- hide signature --

Connor Walberg
Learn how to shoot action/sports at http://www.actionphotoschool.com

cnwphotocom's score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow