ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RM3
RM3
Forum MemberPosts: 69
Like?
New problem with 2 year old RX100
1 month ago

I have had my RX100 for 2 years and love the camera. It's been all over the world with me and I have taken thousands of photos that I really like. About a week ago I tried to take a photo and the shutter button was unresponsive. So was the zoom. I powered down and back upp again and still had the same problem. I powered down, removed the battery, let the camera sit for a few minutes, powered it back up and still not working. I then went into the menu to the "Initialize" page and chose the "Reset Default" option. After the camera re-booted it worked normally.

Yesterday when I picked up the camera the image on the screen was in black and white. I was able to take a photo and it was also in black and white. This time I just went straight to the "Reset Default" option and everything was fine once again. The 2 photos I took when the screen was in black and white were in fact in black and white but the subsequent photos I took were normal.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar with this camera? I am guessing I am going to have similar issues in the future. I have a warranty with Square Trade but am also guessing that if I send it somewhere for repair that they will not be able to fix the camera if they do not experience a problem when they have the camera in their hands.

Of course I could go out and buy a shiny new M3 or a new M1 if I could find one but I really like my M1 and would like to keep it and not have any further problems with it.

Suggestions please! Thanks!

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow