Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gray Drake
Regular MemberPosts: 160Gear list
Like?
Lightroom Image Management
3 months ago

I do not know if this is the appropriate forum, but there is not a photo editing forum that might be a better fit.

I am changing to LR from Nikon software because of a camera change and have a question to those more experienced than I.

It has been suggested I manage all my images out of LR Collections rather than c drive folders.  I can see some advantages of having images in multiple collections, for example, but the time factor is frustrating.  With c drive folders it was one step to take an action with an image.  With a LR Collection there are three steps - exporting to the c drive, taking the action, deleting from the c drive.

Any comments from amateurs who are using LR for editing and managing large inventories inside LR and outside LR.

Thanks for any input.

Drake

Gray Drake's gear list:Gray Drake's gear list
Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow