Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Blackdog68
Regular MemberPosts: 146
Like?
Yellowstone Family trip (12PIX!) with X-A1 and Samyang 8mm Fish
3 months ago

Was in Wyoming for a family trip last month, and I decided to purchase the Samyang 8mm Fisheye (version 1) before I left.  I'm glad I did.  I like Fisheye lenses.  Manual focusing was very easy using the distance scale on the lens and I mostly left it at F8 and 1M, but even at F2.8 coming in closer, the distance scale worked well.  The lens is excellent.  Very sharp with great clarity and very good flare resistance.  I went with version 1 because it was $50 cheaper and I'd read the flare resistance is better on version 1.  I don't know if this is true, but I can confirm that ver. 1 is very good.

This was a Fuji only trip, with either the 8mm fish or the 14mm on my X-A1 and either the 18-55, the 55-200, or the 35 on my X-T1.  Having 2 light small cameras worked great.  I prefer using the rear screen for wide angle because I like to shoot low or reach out for odd angle shots, and the X-A1 Bayer sensor if better at infinity focused landscapes, while the X-T1 viewfinder and IQ make it better suited for isolation type shots IMO, so it was a very good setup for this trip and I didn't regret not lugging my D600 along.  I will post some X-T1 shots in a different thread.

Anyway, these are rather touristy, family trip shots and I didn't have a lot of time to set them up, but I'm pleased with them. All were shot in RAW and processed in LR using Fuji profiles. C&C welcome and thank you for viewing.

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow