Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
0MitchAG
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
Filters
1 month ago

I need to pick up a filter and am wondering how the Panasonic Multi-Coated Protector and Circular Polariser compare to those of B+W and Hoya. All are available in varying price ranges. Also, what is the difference in quality or construction of the various B+W designs (Single Coating, Multi-Resistant Coating, Nano Coating, XS-Pro, and Kaesemann)?

I would just but the Panasonic filters but at nearly equivalent costs, I have reason to consider B+H and Hoya. From what I understand, Hoya is the mid range, and B+W is top notch? So I wonder where the Panasonic filters sit and if their retail price is really justified... Can anyone comment on their quality?

I may buy 52mm filters instead of the 46mm, and use a 52>46mm step down ring but I am unsure if this would cause problems on the 14mm pancake or my 45mm macro. I have three lenses with 52mm threads and the two lenses with 46mm threads, so if I could cover all bases with one size, that would excellent!

Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendation you can give.

Mitch.

0MitchAG's gear list:0MitchAG's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow