Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SRQPHOTOS
Regular MemberPosts: 127Gear list
Like?
Me, the Camera or the Lens? NEX-6 and 55210 Lens
2 months ago

I'm used to using a 100-400 Canon L lens and my Canon DSLR to do bird photos.

Due to a broken finger, that set up is too heavy, and I was getting antsy to get some bord photos. So I took out my NEX-6 and the SOny 55-210 lens, and tried to get some good bird shots.

First thing I notice is that this combination is WAY TOO SLOW TO FOCUS if there is any movement.

But I managed to get a few birds to pose for me, and got some decent shots.  But they are not quite as sharp as I'd like.  I'm sure I could get sharper images with the Canon.

WOndering if it me (but doubt that, since the shutter speeds were very fast, 1/800, 1/1600 & 1/2000), or the camera, or the lens?  If I used my L lens with a Metabones adapter would I get better results, or is this the camera's limit?    I had a Metabones adapter at one time, but all the lenses just fell off of it, so I never used it, and ended up returning it. I assume it was defective.

What are others' experience with this lens/camera?

Here's some shots that I am not 100% pleased with from a sharpness standpoint:

SRQPHOTOS's gear list:SRQPHOTOS's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Sony a6000 Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PeteNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow