Why I DON'T care about focus, and you shouldn't either!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pixel Pooper
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
Why I DON'T care about focus, and you shouldn't either!
2 months ago

All these discussions about focus speed, accuracy, tracking, phase vs contrast detect etc. are giving me the rage. This stuff is nothing but pointless pseudo-intellectual posturing. Worrying about what's "sharp" or "in focus" is for pixel peeping poindexters. Everyone knows the most important attributes of a picture are noise and bokeh, and focussing won't help with either. If focus had any bearing on IQ there would be a DXO score for it, but there isn't, so stop wasting your time on irrelevancies and get back to taking pictures.

Worrying about focus all the time is like being married but always trying to make your spouse up to be something she isn't, like sharp. Let's face it, if she were sharp she wouldn't have married a geek like you in the first place.

Love the focal distance that YOU HAVE, not some other rubbish that might be a bit closer or further away.

Pixel Pooper's gear list:Pixel Pooper's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A58 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow