All over with DPreview

Started Jul 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shagwit New Member • Posts: 2
All over with DPreview

I have had DPreview on my bookmarks bar for 6 or 7 years now but I think its time to remove it.

As a photographer and Canon person of many years (1 series, 5 series etc) I have just bought a 1DX to add to my equipment list. I have waited for a review on DPR ever since the camera was released, I have read many other reviews and tried the camera and it is by FAR the best thing canon has ever made.

So why as of today do we have a review of the latest Samsung and other smartphones but still nothing of the class leading image machine made by the worlds largest camera (or second!) manufacturer but still 3 years after release no review of the Canon 1DX?

Is it:

1) The site is biased against Canon for some reason?

2) Canon wont give them a free one? Although for the flagship of a camera I would have thought that expense would have been allocated?

3) Worry that the camera will break the ratings?

4) The market for DSLR's is now only used by a slim group of people?

5) The people who would buy a camera such as this would buy it what ever the review?

I don't really know but I do know that finally its time to find more "photographic" related websites.

Sorry DP review and thanks for the past.

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow