ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,339Gear list
Like?
Street photography gear questions ?
1 week ago

Hi,

i'm primarily a nature photographer but i've always liked B&W street photography but never really tried it myself. So with my newly acquired X-E1 this year i decided that i will be taking it with me as much as possible and just ordered a bigger shoulder bag to take my X-E1 + lens (lenses) and personal items with me all the time.

So my main dilema is which lens ?

I know it's probably been asked many times here .

So i have the XF14mm, XF 27mm, XF 18-55mm, and an Old SMC Takumar 55mm/1.8 (M42).

My feeling is to only carry one lens since changing lenses for street photography might not be productive .... so getting the most of only 1 lens looks more like the way to go (correct me if i'm wrong).

-The 27mm looks like the less intimidating lens, people will think i'm shooting with a P&S camera ???

- The 18-55mm would be more versatile but bigger and have OIS.

Any insight or tip would be appreciated.

BTW i will shoot in RAW and convert most of them in B&W.

Thank you.

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow