Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,960Gear list
Like?
The foliage issue ...
1 month ago

There was another thread going on regarding RAW processing and what Fuji "needs to do" e.g. ditch the X-Trans, Adobe needs to get their sh** together, Bayer all the way etc.

I have a couple of hard drives with maybe 100K photos, all of them in RAW and I tried real hard to find some samples regarding this foliage stuff and I realised that I:

1. Don't shoot green foliage as such

2. Don't like the images that contain predominantly green foliage

3. Use C1

IF (!!!) I DID shoot a lot of foliage, I would possibly get a D800E.

Since this seems to be an important factor when people make a decision to either buy/sell/ditch a system, I wonder as to how many people shoot predominantly green foliage??

My gut feeling is that people might not have enough problems and feel annoyed by the fly on the opposite wall, but might be wrong??

I will be going to Guilin in September so clearly taking the wrong camera, but since I didn't get sucked into this whole hoo-hah, I will use my little E2 with enthusiasm ...

This one possibly one of the few I have with a lot of foliage, taken with E1 and 18-55 when I still had it ...

I noticed that the transfer takes the crispness out in the process, the original is actually quite ok ...

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow