NEX-5N Astrophotography - Saturn Technique

Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
RustierOne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,703Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-5N Astrophotography - Saturn Technique
In reply to Chris_Downunder, 3 months ago

Chris_Downunder wrote:

That's a lot of shots Russ. I think I'm only up to about a tenth of that. Good to see the NEX can do that many without any issues.

The video certainly looks the way to go. That Mars image is amazing. The seeing must have been good. I remember seeing the polar cap one night years ago when the seeing was really good but it was pre-digital and I wasn't into using film cameras to capture images.

Still, you've inspired me to try the Registax software. Many thanks.

I hope it works out for you Chris. Planetary imaging is difficult since you are working at the limits of your optics and further limited by the atmospheric conditions. You might post your results on the Astrophotography forum. Michael S. from Austria has been posting some outstanding results with Mars  this year. What is so amazing about his results is that he has only been at it for just over a year.

Registax and other stacking programs are really powerful with planets, capturing those fleeting instants of good seeing. That's what I find so interesting about astrophotography - you can photograph way more than can be seen visually with the same telescope.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,
Russ

RustierOne's gear list:RustierOne's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow