Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FujLiver
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
645Z vs D810 with Sigma 50mm Art
2 months ago

I was recently thinking of a medium format camera in terms of buying some kit to maximize detail. I will be shooting the two ends of the spectrum, in terms of landscape (country and urban/architecture) and portraiture.

I discounted film as, frankly, I can't be bothered going back, although there are some tempting deals around on equipment.

Given the breakthrough of the Sigma 50mm at its price point I wonder what actually is the resolution difference between the new 51mp Pentax and the D810. The Pentax lenses are good but not spectacular (the Leica S lenses are spectacular but the whole system is well out of my price range and also about to be replaced by a new 50mp model)

Where would be the best place to look for a technical and real life comparison ? Perhaps someone has done something on the D800E and 56mp leaf or 50mp hasselblad already.

I presume there is a difference, however how marginal is it ? Anyone who has used this mixture of equipment or can point me to a good review or technical analysis would be most welcome

many thanks

FujLiver's gear list:FujLiver's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +2 more
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Pentax 645Z
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow