what about that DA* 55mm? (pros, cons, and opinions sought)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
fakuryu
Senior MemberPosts: 1,017Gear list
Like?
A cheap alternative
In reply to yardcoyote, 2 months ago

yardcoyote wrote:

Glad to know I'm not the only one. My own first experience with the delights of the 85mm viewpoint was with that exact same combination-- the Takumar and the Spotty (a beautiful black one) belonged to my first teacher. My own manual Pentax was a K1000 SE and my 85 an f/2 M, but that lens was such a dreamboat and the camera so simple and willing that I never upgraded.

I was bitterly disappointed that there was no direct replacement for either when I went digital last year. I thought it would be simple ... I do have hopes for the DA*55, and if I go in that direction later this year I will give it a fair shake. If it works, I will be more than pleased since I would really prefer to stay with Pentax. If not, I may end up chasing down a second hand FF Canon and their 85mm f/1.8.

I think there are still a lot of cheap yet pristine Super Takumar 55 f1.8 to keep you happy. I guess that a manual lens wouldn't be a bother to you either.

-- hide signature --

There is no such thing a "Pro" level gear, just Pro level work.

fakuryu's gear list:fakuryu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Pentax K-r Pentax Q Pentax K-5 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow