Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tablo
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
X-A1 Owners impressions wanted!
4 months ago

I'm strongly considering getting an XA1 as my first real camera (besides my phone), the price is very compelling. And I figure going higher even if I can doesn't make sense until I'm familiar with all the controls and intricacies of a camera with many controls. I can live without an EVF for the price, I guess that can be something to look forward to in the future. (And then save each penny and bide my time for a XT2... *drools*)

Anyways, I'd welcome your impressions of the XA1, anything really. I'd probably stick with the kit lens for a good while, so it would be nice to know what its limits are.

I do like taking macro shots with my phone, so I wonder how the macro performance of the stock lens is. I assume I can probably just shoot from further back and crop too, 16MP is a good amount to work with.

I'm aware of the XM1 vs XA1 debate, personally the 150$ savings is enough to defer me down the range, having a fantastic Bayer filter camera in the house to begin with is a good start. While I'm not too hot on photo editing, I would not mind learning a bit and maybe shooting RAW+JPEG if there's no downside to that, so I have that option open. Processing images in LR or other programs is fairly straightforward right?

Tablo's gear list:Tablo's gear list
Nokia Lumia 920
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm X-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow