Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jerry Fusselman
Regular MemberPosts: 425Gear list
Like?
Counting lenses for Sony A7/r/s
1 month ago

In a thread that is now full, sportyaccordy asked me to please elaborate on how I can claim that some lenses are better on a Sony A7/r/s than on the original cameras that they were designed for.
Easy. I'll use the example of the Canon 17mm and 24mm TS-E lenses, which cover more than half of my landscape needs.

In moving from Canon 5D mark 3 to Sony A7r, generally using a good tripod, I gain (in a big way) dynamic range, resolution, and color depth. I also gain much better focusing aids and a much lighter pack. What's not to like?

These excellent lenses are now Sony lenses as far as I am concerned. They have the word Canon written on them only for historical reasons. There is no point to using them on Canon cameras anymore.

Saying that there are only five FE lenses is therefore a clear underestimate in every way that matters.

The real question to me is how many of my Canon lenses already work better on Sony cameras. Is it most, or all?  My investigation continues.

-- hide signature --

Jerry Fusselman

Jerry Fusselman's gear list:Jerry Fusselman's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EOS 100D +40 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow