Questions about possibility selling my Fujifilm X-T1 and getting the Sony A7?...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 339Gear list
Like?
Questions about possibility selling my Fujifilm X-T1 and getting the Sony A7?...
2 months ago

Hello,

I've made a similar post to this a few weeks back and had decided to just stick with my X-T1, however, I made the gravely mistake earlier today of seeing the A7 in my local Best Buy and picked it up and played with it for roughly 30 minutes or so...needless to say...the idea came back to mind again about selling my X-T1 and purchasing the Sony A7. So let me go over some of my reasons for doing so:

The Fuji X-T1 is absolutely a fantastic camera that I love to use. However, I'm thinking of switching to the Sony A7 because of its Full-Frame 24mp sensor that will give me a little bit better Dynamic Range and, more importantly to me, a little bit better resolution. Aside from that, I actually prefer the rotating dials and PSAM modes of the A7 to the Fuji's Rotating/Locking dials for Iso and Speed and the aperture ring on the lenses. Not to say that I dislike them on my Fuji, I just believe I like the Sony A7's method better.

My only hesitation regarding switching though, is of course the sparse amount of lenses for the A7. I know that if I were to buy it, I would get the kit with the 35mm f2.8 and the 24-70mm f4. However, that's of course when my lens selection would end until they came out with more. I would preferably need a wide-angle zoom and a tele-zoom that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I should also mention that I only deal with my photos online. I do not make prints (typically) and I do no have an paid jobs for it. It's just a fun hobby that I enjoy spending my free time doing. And when I do, I almost always do landscape or street photography and very occasionally some portraits.

With this in mind, can anyone provide any opinions on if it's a good idea to switch, or am I still better off with my Fuji X-T1?

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Fujifilm X-T1 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow