Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
bford
Regular MemberPosts: 355
Like?
Re: You are looking at defaults, not rendering differences
In reply to sea_dragon, 1 week ago

sea_dragon wrote:

Cogset wrote:

Coming from Aperture most recently, I find it hard to say (or agree that) LR has a nice interface.... it seems "designed by committee" to me and the distinction between the library and develop module is clunky at best and unnecessary at worst, plus rendering in the library mode is very slow. C1's UI is difficult to grasp, but the organization is much, much more user-definable. You can add/remove edit tools from the edit "tabs" you can fill the "Quick" tab with any of your favorite tools and you can remove tabs. I adjusted the keyboard shortcuts to make the user experience a bit easier for me (e.g I added "T" to Toggle on/off the Viewer, much like the "G" grid key in LR or the "V" toggle in Aperture.

I have both LR and the trial version of C1 right now. I'm finding the user experience much better in LR than C1. I just can't get into the interface of C1 even though I've customized it a bit to my preferences. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but I'm just not "clicking" with it.

Maybe the tiny text? i find it hard to read.

It seems to be a bit clunky

for sure. Not many user interface pros in that company it seems.

and I've had it freeze up a few times. Not freeze up completely, but rather various keyboard commands and buttons just stop responding. I've had no such slowdowns or freezing with LR.

lightroom also does some quirky things every now and then. Nothing major though.

Out of the box rendition of RAW files is better than LR I'm noticing. However, I'm getting great results with LR and have become very fluent moving around in the UI. And I've only been using it for 3 weeks now.

yeah, it's a great program. Needs a brightness control though.

I like that you can work on photos without import in c1 but not a do or die requirement.

I'm running a 2009 Mac Pro, 2 x 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeons, 12 Gb RAM.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow