Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
doctorxring
Senior MemberPosts: 1,138Gear list
Like?
Sony A77 II es la Bomba - first time out with 70300G on RC aircraft BIF
3 months ago

I received my A77II a couple of days ago and was very impressed with it just tinkering around shooting things around the house. The EVF is superb with very clear, sharp, and excellent contrast image. I like the way I see the IS settles down the EVF image at half press. ISO is improved over my A65. Articulated LCD is great.

Yesterday I took it out for the first time in the field. My cousin invited me to his RC club. I got to fly a plane which was very cool, but I mainly wanted to see how well the lock-on auto focus would work on these RC airplanes. I set the camera for Lock-On Auto Focus Expand Flexible Spot. I would engage the plane, look for green indicator, pan with it and then fire the shot. I did not use "burst mode" or rapid fire. That's just not my thing. I was very happy with my results !

Most of these are the full frame of the image, but reduced in size for screen. Click the pic to enlarge.

The last shot here, the "two birds with one shot", was pure luck. I didn't know I had done that until I got home and saw it.

doctorxring's gear list:doctorxring's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony RX100 II Sony SLT-A65 Sony a77 II +4 more
Sony a77 II Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow