Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
coroander
Regular MemberPosts: 237
Like?
OM-D E-M1 pushing the upper limit of battery life: 4000+ shots on 1 battery
1 month ago

I've owned both an E-M5 and the E-M1 for some time, and so i was a bit concerned to shoot an indoor sporting event with the OM-1, given that I only had two batteries.

However, much to my surprise, I made 4270 exposures before i changed the battery. During this time, i reviewed probably about 1/2 the exposures on the back LCD and deleted about 500 photos. Elapsed time was about 3.5 hours.

I changed the battery before it completely ran out of power.

I was using the E-M1 with the 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 lens, shooting in C-AF with the EVF on high frame rate, the release lag-time on short, IS enabled, review off, shooing RAW with a genuine Olympus battery.

I was more than a bit surprised, but on the previous day i had shot over 3000 but changed the battery when i changed the card and it was still going strong, so on the second day i left the battery in after changing cards.

Certainly supports the notion that battery life is more dependent on on-time than the number of exposures.

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow