Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoRobertinCA
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Is the rx100 III more engaging?
1 week ago

Ok, I hope this doesn't come off as flaming or bait or whatever - I don't mean it that way. I have the original rx100 and I love the features and images but I never fell in love with the camera. Somehow, it just never engaged me as a photographic tool. My main camera is a Canon 5D2 with a bunch of L lenses but I just don't use to that much for traveling any more. I take the rx100 but it doesn't come out of my pocket as much as it should.

So, I'm trying to decide what to get for an upcoming Italy vacation. The leading contenders are a fuji XT-1 or a rx100 III. I know they are very different tools but what I'm looking for are good image quality (doesn't have to be best), very good lens (or lenses for interchangeable) and a viewfinder - I've convinced myself part of the reason the original rx100 didn't suck me in was the lack of a viewfinder which the new version obviously solves.

I went to a local shop and looked at/played with the two cameras. Before I walked in, I assumed the XT-1 would win me over. But, somehow, the rx100 III seemed more responsive and engaging. Not what I expected. I need to go back and play more - it wasn't a thorough examination.

Anyone else have thoughts along these lines or are considering these two (obviously very different) cameras? Or am I missing some other camera that I should look at (an obvious one is the Sony A7 series but I'm not that interested in this due to the larger lenses (and incomplete lens choice)).

Thanks!

Canon EOS 5D Mark II RX100 III Sony Alpha 7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow