Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
garykohs
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,473Gear list
Like?
A77ii review by Popular Photography
2 months ago

The current edition of Popular Photography has a review of the A77ii. It's extremely positive, even by PopPhoto standards.

What is even more interesting is their test results. They usually use TIFFs processed from raw using the supplied software. However they noted that the raw TIFFs from IDC were actually worse than the jpegs. They contacted Sony and they agreed that there is a problem with IDC in processing the A77ii's raw files. So Sony is supposedly updating IDC. In the meantime PopPhoto used the from camera jpegs for test results. They say they will update the results when Sony fixes IDC. Hmmm.

So I'm not sure what we can learn from their test results but here are their charts from the A77 and the A77ii. I took the A77 results from their website and scanned the A77ii chart from my paper copy.

garykohs's gear list:garykohs's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99 +12 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OVF?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow