Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fotom
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
Tele-Zoom for GX1 or leaving MFT
3 months ago

Since two years I have: Pana GX1, 20mm/1.7, 14-45 and Oly 45/1.8.

I came from a Point&Shoot and wanted more control and more Image-Quality.

I like my equipment small and light and didn´t want to spend more than 1000 Euro.

So this was the compromise: bought GX1 with 14-42PZ, 20mm, 45mm, all used.

GX1 with 20, 45 works great (up until ISO 400): I would keep them.

The 14-42PZ was horrible, partly because of shutter-shock. So I sold the PZ14-42 and bought the Pana 14-45: great lens on GX1!

Because I wanted a Pancake-Zoom too, I bought the new Pana 12-32. But it suffers from the same shutter-shock problem as the 12-42X. Blame it on the mechanical shutter of the GX1.

Now I want a tele zoom (I like primes, but not changing lenses) and a camera with built-in viewfinder. I would like to have the EM10/GX7 with Pana 14-140 II , but there are reported issues with shutter-shock, too (mechanical shutter). And I don´t want to have to deal with shutter shock anymore. I want to take pictures without testing every single lens because of shutter shock or avoid certain shutter-speeds around 1/160 s.

Alternatives are GM1 (Electronic shutter) and Oly 14-150 or 40-150 or Pana 45-150 (No "Premium-Lenses"= too expensive). Any of these solutions would be very versatile (with the equipment I have) and would fit all my needs, but electronic-shutter introduces new problems (rolling-shutter, flash).

Maybe this is the wrong forum, but: should I invest more money into MFT? Is it worth it or are there any other (better) solutions if you want tele-zoom: Fuji, Sony even Pana FZ1000 or Sony RX10 up to 1000 Euro?

Anybody, who solved this (my!) dilemma or should I just be less critical to MFT?

(sorry for my English, i´m not a native speaker)

fotom's gear list:fotom's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Ricoh R10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow