ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike234
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
deciding on a workhorse Lens - 17-55 2.8 / tamron 24-70
5 months ago

Hi,

I've noticed this question come up very often but I'm hoping to get some guidance considering my circumstances and what I am hoping to achieve from the 2 above lenses.

I've recently purchased a 7D and I can't decide on a lens to be my general walk around lens. My immediate choice was the Tamron 24-70 2.8 to be used mainly for lanscape, but also for lowlight and the occasional indoor shots (providing the room is big enough!!). I have used the 24-70 for a day and noticed that whilst the focal length was usually fine, I couldn't get wide enough to fit in what I wanted.

The 17-55 however, with an crop frame will give me a better wide angle for Landscape, though could potentially find myself occasionally wanting that extra focal length.

I've read on the odd occasion that the build quality of the lens is quite bad compared to the tamron and L series and is a problem for dust. Also that image flare can also be a huge problem - has anyone owners noticed these problems? As generally a landscape/walkabout lens this could cause many problems for me.

Anybody owned both and can give me some guidance?

Any help much appreciated.

Mike

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow