Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Microshooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,039Gear list
Like?
Tried the 70-300VR CX w/Canon 500D
5 months ago

Seeing some of the results that a few here have had with the Canon 500D and Nikon 5/6T close-up lenses, I picked up a 500D and gave it a try. The below shot was handheld with the 500D at about 20 inches mounted on the 70-300VR CX. What I like about the 500D/5T is that there is a much larger range of focus to work with than with my Raynox 250....no way can I hand hold the Raynox. So when I'm out waiting for birds and a bug happens by I can just take it out of my pocket and screw on the 500D for some quick handhelds. That's what happened here. This bee/bug is about 1/2inch and was borrowing eggs in the seed heads of the plant. This was the best I could do...need more practice and less coffee!

-- hide signature --

Dan
"My most rewarding shots are things I didn't 'see' in the viewfinder."
Currently shoot with Nikon D800 & V2

Microshooter's gear list:Microshooter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED +15 more
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow